Using Gmail is an easy, secure and protected site where millions of people are using Gmail Login Account for the means of faster communication, sending files and lot more. It allows anyone to send instant messages to your contacts available online quickly and easily, and you can also send a lot of attachments. It is easily accessible, and people have good experience using the email service keep connected and well-organized across with your loved ones.
Google did several changes in the process of Gmail login account recovery and made it quite simple. In this article, we will discuss how to recover your Gmail login account and keep it absolutely safe and secure.
Have you forgotten your Gmail password? No worries! Here’s a handy guide to help you recover it.
Since it launched in 2004, Gmail has become an intimidating product to email providers like Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL.
Google will provide you various possible ways to recover your Gmail account or attempt to prove that the account is yours. In case there is no recovery email address, then that option will not appear. If the
Your lost Gmail login account has just 2-step verification enabled, then the procedure will be quite different as mention below.
The recovery choices accessible may incorporate any of the accompanying inquiries or activities, and perhaps others not mentioned below:
It has surpassed those competitors and became a standard-bearer for ad-supported, consumer email service.
According to recent statistics, 1 billion people use Gmail, while 90.7 million users use its smartphone app.
The reasons for its popularity varies, but one thing is evident: on average users get 0.1% spam in their inboxes. In fact, only 0.05% of wanted email ends up in a spam folder.
Google products are consumer-based and created for easy use. Therefore, it provides several ways to recover user’s data. And recovering Google passwords isn’t too hard if the user provided enough security information during the registration.
Here are some tips how to quickly recover your Gmail password. Let’s get right into it!
Standard Gmail Password Recovery System
Gmail has to confirm the identity of a user to let them recover or reset a password. And there are few different ways how Gmail does it. The standard recovery system is very straightforward. It gives step-by-step instructions.
It’s quite easy.
A user needs to click ‘forgot password’ link on a sign-up page. It will ask to enter the last password he/she can remember. If a person has a backup system set up, Gmail will ask them to continue. However, if the user doesn’t remember any of them, he/she should click ‘try a different question.’
Afterward, Gmail sends a code to a recovery email a user identified during the registration. This sends a link to user’s secondary email account. A 6-digit code included inside the email allows them to set up a new password and regain access to the account.
But what if a person created Gmail a long time ago? What if they don’t remember which secondary email account they wrote down? Or what if they don’t remember the password of that second email either?
Every third person uses duplicate passwords. In fact, many people haven’t changed their password for at least five years.
In that case, the user needs to click on ‘try a different question’ again. This process is older and less secure method of protecting because it asks for answers to obvious questions.
These can include things like the name of a user’s mother or the name of a pet. A user should be able to respond to this questions efficiently and therefore create a new, secure password.
How to Recover Forgot Gmail Password and Gmail Account?
If you have trouble signing in for Gmail Account because of you, have forgotten your Gmail password, and you can’t remember then here’s what you should have to know to recover Forgot Gmail Password.
- You have to go to the Google Account Recovery Page. If you have provided an alternate email address or phone number with your account, Google will send you a link with your associated phone number or email address. If you haven’t provided these options, you can look at this simple methods.You have to visit google.com>>accounts>>recovery to start the process. Open the Google page and click on Need Help on the login page.
- Now select I Don’t Know My Password. Once you have selected, you will be asked to enter your Google account email for which you would like to recover. In case you don’t remember your username. Still, you will have to select the option and then Click on Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will able to see the option to enter your last known password, click on I don’t know. You can also enter the last known password if you remember that will help you to recover Forgot Gmail Password.
- Now you have to choose the recovery option either through a mobile number or alternate email address that are associated with your account. If you decide to receive information to your phone number, then Google will send you information to your phone via automated SMS or call. If you wish to receive the information through an alternative email address, then you will be taken to the account recovery survey.
- Once you have received the verification code to your phone number or alternate email address, you will need to enter the verification code in the box, and if you have received the verification code through email, you will have to click on given link.
- After entering the verification code, you can now create a new password. You will have to enter the secure and reliable password twice to confirm and then Click on reset password to continue. Enter the password so it will be easy for you memorize.
- Next is you have to fill in the password recovery form. Filing up the recovery form will help you when you cannot remember the above two options to recover Forgot Gmail Password. But you must note that this recovery form is not instant as the employee of Google will review. No doubt, you can try it for many times until you get the right answer.
Use The Account Recovery Page
Another way to recover a Google mail password is to go to the Account Recovery page and click on ‘I don’t remember my password.’
If a user has linked a phone number to the Gmail account, they can request a verification code sent as a text message.
Another option is to answer security questions displayed under ‘Verify you identity’ menu. This is a manual process where a user answers all the questions to the best of their knowledge.
When a user gives the correct information, Google mail recovers the account data.
Call Technical Support
Technical support provides the best solutions for every type of Gmail-related issue. Fully-trained staff can provide instant help with password recovery without undergoing the steps listed above.
Once a consumer provides the information about what problem they are facing, the support team will do everything to recover data promptly.
The team has many different solutions for one problem and can offer them to the customer if required.
How to Recover Email Using Gmail App
When a person doesn’t have access to a computer, they can still recover Gmail password using its app. The app is suitable for a smartphone or a tablet.
Once the app opens up, a user should click on ‘Add an email address’ and chose Google. They should enter an email address or a phone number associated with the Gmail account in a suitable field.
Afterward, they should click on ‘Forgot password?’.
Then, they could follow the same steps mentioned above.
Enter the last email a person remembers or try a different way to recover the password. Then, they should follow further instructions. These often include entering the verification code sent as a text message and confirming recovery on secondary email.
How Does the Google Account Recovery Form Work?
Get Google Account Recovery Form Click here
- You must enter the working email address because the response to your recovery form will be sent it there.
- Suppose you don’t have a working email address then you can create a new one for free in just a few minutes.
- You will have to choose the last time you have accessed the Google account for the recovery. It need not be the exact one but guessing close will have the chances of recovering your account.
- Next, you will have to choose the date you have created your account and no need to enter the exact time.
- Next, answer the security questions that are associated with your account when asked to respond.
- You can also enter the addresses that you often contacted. There is a chance of entering the address up to five times.
- You can also select the other Google Products like Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, etc. with approximate dates that you have started using it.
- Finally, you can submit your recovery form by Clicking on the Submit button. And your questionnaire will be sent it across to Google for review. After the review is completed, you will be contacted by Google about the results of studies you have provided in your email address. Your IP address will be logged off to help the recovery of account and also will prevent you from fraudulent.
- If you still cannot recover your account, you can try for the recovery form again with specific answers.
- The sad thing is Google does not have a customer service department to recover lost password and does not have beyond methods as mentioned above to recover Forgot Gmail Password.
One More Tip
Even if a person forgot a Gmail email address and hadn’t put recovery information, phone number or a security question, he/she can still recover the data.
This would be the case if an individual used his/her email account in a web browser. By searching browser history for Gmail or Inbox, a user can find the email address.
Secure New Password
Once a user sets up a new password, they should obtain it for security issues like hacking or identity theft.
Google will ask its user to check the safety settings for the account. It’s highly recommended to link a phone number and a backup email to the account.
This allows for quick recovery process with an only 6-digit code sent by text message or email.
Due to many security breaches, Google has updated its terms. Therefore, it doesn’t allow a user to add new security questions when he/she wants to secure the password. These don’t provide perfect safety.
The old questions still work, unless a user manually removes them.
To secure the Google mail password, a user should go to Google Account Settings under the profile image and then click ‘My Account.’
Here, a person should click on ‘Signing in to Google’ and check the recovery email and a phone number. The page also shows which devices have accessed the account and from which location.
To add extra security, a person should also set up two-factor authentication.
Afterward, when someone tries to hack the account, Google sends an email right away. This email asks the user to verify if he/she accessed it from a different location or device.
Gmail Recovery – Best Tips and Tricks
If you have somehow managed to lose your Google account, you can easily recover it through a few simple steps. Google offers instant Gmail recovery of your email id. How it really works is pretty easy to understand. When you change the password, Google remembers both new and old passwords. After some verification process, when you prove your identity, Google can easily recover the Gmail for you. We will tell you some of the verification steps of Gmail which you will have to go through before your account recovery. After that, we will also tell you the procedure of recovery in detail.
Gmail recovery options
Gmail Recovery provides various options for you to recover and use your Gmail account again. Here is the list of options through which can use to recover your Gmail account.
When you first make the Gmail account, Google asks you some security questions. You have to remember the answers. If you will not remember the answers, it will be difficult for you to recover the Gmail account. Security questions should be saved somewhere so that you can find them in the time of need.
Another recovery option is to give Google your phone number. Your number can be the easy way to recover your Gmail account. You can give Google your current phone number on which a code will be sent while you work to recover your Gmail account.
When you are using Google, it’s easy for you to recover your Gmail recovery by linked emails. If you have another account linked with Gmail, you can easily recover your Gmail. Just ask Google to recover your Gmail by sending the link in your email.
Gmail Recovery procedure
- Click on the Gmail and enter your username.
- Now click on the ‘forgot password’ button.
- If you have a secondary email, Enter that in the given field.
- Click on the next button to proceed further.
- An email will be sent to your secondary email account.
- Click on the link present in the email.
- Enter the new Gmail password and click on the ‘confirm’ button.
- Now you can easily access Gmail with the new password.
- If you have provided your phone number while creating your account, please follow this procedure for your account recovery.
- Click on the Gmail and enter your username. Now click on ‘forgot password’ option.
- Google will see your permission to send SMS on your mobile.
- You will receive an SMS from Google with a verification code in it.
- Enter the code in the text box and click on ‘Confirm’ button.
- A new field will open where you can set your new password.
- After adding the new password, you can easily access the Gmail.
So here we are; recovering your Gmail ID is as simple as a walk in the park. You just have to follow some of the many options mentioned above. If you followed one or more of the above steps and still couldn’t recover your account, please contact us so that we could look into your matter. You can directly consult the Google Help for instant assistance.
Why is it Important to Secure Your Password
If a hacker discovers a password, it can lead to many horrible things.
So, it’s vital to keep passwords safe.
To remember and enter passwords each time a user wants to access Google mail or other online platforms is annoying for everyone. But those steps are necessary to prevent unauthorized access to email, website, computer or other accounts.
When a password falls into the wrong person, it affects not only the owner but others as well.
How It Can Hurt You
A hacker can use email to access the account and send thousands of different spam emails.
This will blacklist a user’s email server, which means that he/she won’t be able to send a legitimate email to anyone. A hacker can also email to user’s contacts, and it will appear as if a user sent it.
When someone else discovers a website password, he/she can upload a virus or phishing page. This also blacklists the site and fixing it can be costly.
If personal data is stored somewhere online and a user can’t remember a password, a hacker may use it for blackmail. They can even use it for identity theft and any other action they desire.
How to Generate Good Passwords
Create Hard to Guess Passwords
A password must be hard for a hacker to guess, even if they use a computer program for it.
The safest password contains at least 12 characters. Avoid well-known phrases and use completely unrelated words like “phonebatterywashingmashine.” Use the word combination which is easier to remember and is secure enough to protect accounts from hacking.
Use the word combination which is easier to remember. Plus, it is secure enough to protect accounts from hacking.
To make it even more random add capital letters, symbols, and numbers.
This step is essential if a person chooses to have a password shorter than 12 characters long. A short password with only letters is easier to guess. You should make the password at least eight characters long.
Avoid using names of people, places, pets in the password, because they are easy to crack. If a user is so determined to use those names, he/she should at least add additional symbols or numbers. It will make passwords somewhat hard to guess.
Doing this will make passwords somewhat harder to guess.
Don’t Reuse Passwords
Remembering those new passwords can be hard, and a user might stick to one for the rest of his/her online accounts.
Don’t do that!
When a person uses one password for everything, one of the accounts might be hacked. Then, the attacker will be able to crack rest of their accounts, as well.
When a user uses different passwords for each account, he/she limits a hacker to create damage.
Use a Secure Password Manager
Having to remember all those different passwords is tough and most of the cases, the user will forget them.
In most cases, the user will forget them. The best solution is to use password manager platforms like LastPass and KeePass. They store all passwords in securely encrypted manner. That way, all a person needs is to remember a Windows login and a ‘master password.’
Additionally, the software helps to generate more secure and random passwords for each account.
These password managers can sync passwords with smartphones, and a user can access them whenever it’s needed.
Writing Passwords Down
In general, a person should not write down or print them out unless it’s necessary. If a user needs to write them down, he/she shouldn’t leave it somewhere where it’s easy to get a hand on it.
Instead, he/she should store them in a purse or wallet and always keep it with them. But it can be dangerous if they lose a wallet. They need to be careful!
If someone decides to store this information in their wallet, they shouldn’t write down which account the password is for. And if they lose the purse, they should change those passwords immediately.
Install Antivirus Software
When a virus attacks a computer, it can steal passwords without a user knowing about it.
Thus, they should invest in a good, up-to-date virus checker product. If they are on a budget, there are some free antivirus software options for personal use.
Beware phishing emails
Phishing is very common these days, and it’s a scam. A hacker sends a user an email which looks like it’s sent from a legitimate company. But it’s not.
Those emails may direct them to a fake website under his/her control. If the site asks for login credentials and they follow the instructions, they will be a victim of a scam.
Therefore, users should treat every email with caution.
Some are easy to identify due to poor grammar and spelling, but some are very convincing. Users should remember not to follow instructions until they make sure email is legitimate.
To verify that the website is real, the user should type out the URL or run it through search engines. They shouldn’t click on the link in an email.
Shared Internet Connections
When using a shared Wi-Fi connection, it is possible that other people use that shared connection to spy on people’s internet usage. When an individual log into a site which is not properly secured, someone else may find the password.
This, however, doesn’t mean that a person should stop using shared internet connections. A person needs to be cautious.
To avoid any inconvenience with the password, use an encrypted connection, which prevents anyone else from eavesdropping. This is known as TLS, HTTPS, or SSL.
However, not all websites support it because of added cost or the complexity to set it up. To check if the site is secure, look at the URL in a browser. The safe site starts with ‘http://.’
But if there is no prefix, the user should avoid logging into the website or email.
This is especially important if he/she reuses one password for all of their accounts.
Wrapping It Up
Recovering and securing the password to the Gmail or Google account is relatively easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
The data on a users account is private and shouldn’t be accessible to someone else. That’s why it’s so important to go through additional steps to make sure no one tries to hack it.
The information provided here might seem overwhelming, but it boils down to three main steps: use hard guess passwords, use password managing software and be very cautious about personal data.
Information Required for Recovery:
It’s likewise conceivable that even with a pre-configured phone number or email, and subsequent to accepting a code, the procedure may ask for extra questions. This can happen when Google has noted suspicious action on the record and needs extra evidence of possession of that account before restoring the record.
On the off chance when you can’t answer the given question, tap the “Try a different question. Obviously, in case that you skip an excessive number of the question, you won’t have the capacity to demonstrate your ownership of the account. On the off chance that you aren’t given the alternative to reset your password, the last question will ordinarily request a contact address where Google can email you. On the off chance that if you fail to prove your ownership of your account then you will get a message that “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you”. You can obviously attempt again so that you have an additional information to give, however, if you can’t prove that the account belongs to you then, it is lost. There are no different approaches to recover a lost account.